Good morning and thank you all for returning to Taiheiyo Church. Today we will hold our spring memorial immediately following the regular monthly service. Before we begin, I just want to spend a few minutes to convey my thoughts on this special day.
The spring and autumn memorials give us the opportunity to honor the memory of those who came before us; those who had worked hard for and contributed tremendously to the path so that it continues today.
Today we are recognizing loved ones, to whom we have said farewell 1 year, 5 years, and 10 years ago. However, as we perform the seated service and dance through the Teodori today, let’s pay tribute to the memory of those lost loved ones and thank them for their long years of dedication and even sacrifice put forth during their lifetimes. It is because of their efforts, and the seeds of sincerity that they have sown that allow us to be living such a blessed life today. Let us also renew our vow to continue their work of sprinkling the fragrance of the teachings to those around us, to deepen our own faith, and to make sure we pass along our faith to our children and grandchildren, so that the path continues generation after generation.
I have placed a picture of our Taiheiyo congregation taken over 35 years ago when the 3rd Shinbashira visited Taiheiyo church. You can see many family and friends who have since passed on, but their memories live in our hearts, and through the memorial services we perform each year. I have a dream that Taiheiyo Church will return to the glory years when many followers would visit the church on a daily basis, and the church was vibrant and full of energy. To that end, if any of you want to use the facility for activities, events, or get-togethers, please let me know.
- Talk-story sessions on Wednesday evenings from 6:30pm – 7:30pm.
- Thursday mornings 10am-11am, “Baby & Mama” class, for mothers with infants & toddlers to get together for exercise, massage, and to share advice about raising children.
- Kids dance class on Thursday afternoons from 4 – 5pm.
- The spring camp and BGA general meeting will be held on March 24-26, for kids 7 – 15 years of age.
- Taiheiyo Church will host a Sunday curry luncheon on April 30, the last Sunday of April, to raise funds for various churches to help pay for repairs & maintenance, or to purchased needed appliances. This is also an opportunity to invite family and friends to the church, who may otherwise not have a chance to come.